Friday, 2 May 2014

My Top 5 : Makeup

I recently saw a tweet from the lovely Nicole (lillovepeanut) of Little Love Peanut asking if anyone would be interested in a collaboration/group post on your current top 5 make up items - I was, so here is my post.



So technically i have picked 6 things but as I am using my Makeup Revolution Palette interchangeably with my Naked 3 Palette I thought I could get away with treating them as one item.


As I have said before, I am really really pleased to see a brand as brave as Makeup Revolution enter the market with extremely extremely affordable prices. I have picked up quite a few eyeshadows and really for the value i cant fault them. I have found the matte colours have a little less payoff than the shimmers, but to be honest that can be said about most brands.

I have quite a few MR items on my wishlist, mostly blushers of which I have ready they have lots of dupes of well known products, so as soon as I get some expect to see them making it to my Top 5.


My gimme brow is a god-send. I am trying to thicken my eyebrows as thanks to years of overplucking they have been left quite sparse. I have been having HD Brows done every 6 weeks, but I find filling in with a pencil and then powder between appointments too consuming for a weekday morning, so I have been relying solely on Gimme Brow and as the results are so lovely its definitely one i will be repurchasing.

The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velevets are gorgeous, I have 2 of which Ole Flamingo (a raspberry pink) has been worn everyday this week, and i have been getting compliments constantly.

It doesn't dry down to a full matte (say like a Limecrime velvetine) but boy does it pack a punch colour wise and this colour wont budge all day. Also, I find it a lot more comfortable to wear than similar products, and at half the price too its definitely one to be checked out.




My weekdays mornings see me invariably running around like a headless chicken and these 2 together have cut my base makeup time in half.  

The big easy, is as marketed, a bit more than a BB cream that supposably dries to a powder (which i read as matte) finish.  I have quite bad skin so rely on using a powder with coverage ontop of this, but for those with good normal (not particularly dry or oily) skin i think it would make a lovely base.

And the brush, well everywhere i go online I see glowing reviews, and whilst I am late to the party my thoughts are you should believe all the good things you hear about this brush as it has made a real difference to how well my base applies.

I hope you like my Top 5, don't forget to pop over to see Nicole's top 5 (here) and please do comment with your top 5.

PS: Don't forget, when i get to 100 followers on bloglovin I will be having a giveaway (I'm thinking MAC lippy ) so please do share my blog with your friends if you enjoy reading it.


2 comments :

  1. Were you sent the naked 3 palette?
    I'm so jealous you own it, im desperate for it :(
    I really want to try makeup revolution too..
    Great top 5 picks, I may do this post for the end of this week/weekend..

    Chloe// throughchloeslens.blogspot.co.uk - i've followed you on bloglovin too x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo awesome! Just getting around to finish up the post! I've tried a sample of the benefit big easy and I miiiight need to get it aha! Love your top five!

    Nicole <3

    ReplyDelete