Friday, 9 December 2011

Pass on their own story to the next generation

I love the fact that twitter is constantly pointing me in the direction of new (to me) amazing designers with truly lust worthy collections and my latest twitter discovery is Emmanuel Katsaros.

The website is BEAUTIFUL - highly worth a visit, even if from what i say in the rest of this short post makes you think you wont like the collections.

Also the whole label ethos is right up my street. I have written before that i love the idea of owning quality pieces that will last me for years and that i can pass down to Paige. However, many of the timeless classics, while beautiful are void of a certain element of personality (which is why they are classic, and that's not a bad thing). But, with the EK collections your getting the quality with a spark of your own personality, as the label would say....

"For those who want to pass on their own story to the next generation"

The website has got the A/W 11 and S/S 12 collections on and whilst i like every piece in the S/S collection, i think you all know by now that the A/W collections are going to be more me.

Before i even look at a collection now i try to read about the inspiration as i think it makes you look at the clothing in a completely different way, you can appreciate what the designer was trying to achieve even if the clothing is not to your personal taste.

There were many key phrases used to describe this collection (A/W11) that meant i was in love with it from the start.

Exploring Black as a shadow
Full of dark drama
Thirties Germany
Bauhaus movement
palette of beige to black to black via asphalt
Iconic Teapots
Playful dramatic twist
Illusion of skin

and here are pictures of 2 of my favourite pieces from the collection




I fell in love with the ! bag and round sunglasses instantly, in my dreams i would wear these every day, and then as Paige reached adulthood i would pass them on to her.


1 comment :

  1. Looks like a one to watch. Thanks for the heads up x

    ReplyDelete