Sunday, 17 April 2011

Week 4 with my Ki ~ Life gets in the way

I will quite happily admit this last week has been pants/rubbish/atrocious

I have been beyond stressed with work and it has shown in my stats so as a bit of a learning/sharing exercise i thought i would show you my stats (for Monday) and explain where i went wrong.



Calories Burnt: 2309

This isn't that bad really, it could have been higher had i done some exercise in the evening but by the time i got home i had yet another headache and was ready for bed.

As you can see i went into bed time mode by about 7:00 at which point my MET(Metabolic Equivalent of Task) had dropped back to an average of just under 1 which is where it is overnight, compared to the 1.4 of my average day.


I only ate 900 calories on Monday. This really isn't enough and left me with a deficit of over 1,000 calories for the day.

I started the day well with a breakfast shake and i also had lunch, but that's only because i had prepared it the night before.

After that it went down hill with me grabbing the first thing i could out of the freezer for tea ( the fact it was only 300 calories was pure luck, there was as much chance of it being a calorie laden pizza)

I also didn't cut down on the tea in the evening, which far from relaxing me, left me (as you will see) unable to sleep.





Oh sleep, what a joy it would be to be able to have a full nights sleep.
As you can see, when i have had a bad day i retreat to my bed early (very early -like 9ish, purely so i don't bite my husbands head off). By that time i think i am feeling tired, but my body isn't ready to sleep and my mind is far from relaxed.

As you can see from the graph, it takes me about 3-4 hours to get to sleep on a night like that, and that just frustrates me more.  I actually slept quite soundly from 1:00 am to 6:00 but that's far from the 8 hours of unbroken sleep i dream of.



I took as few steps as was physically possible on Monday. Not much else i can say about that really.

The venting has helped slightly but having my Ki to show me where I'm going wrong in a way i respond to (graphs and numbers - i definitely went into the right career) helps me more.

I'm learning every step of the way.


Read more about the Ki and my thoughts on week 1,2 and 3 

No comments :

Post a Comment