Wednesday, 8 December 2010

A local Inspired by.....

Although you may not believe it, I think I am starting to learn about the huge subject that can be summarised by the term 'Fashion'.

As the URL of my blog suggests, I don't want to look like I stepped out of a high street store at the same time as 50 other people and we all have the same purchases which are styled as per the mannequin in the window.

For a long time I thought the styling you see in fashion magazines, was only acceptable for magazines (can you tell I'm a country girl) and it took finding a few fashion blogs written by people with a great sense of individuality to teach me otherwise.

One of my favourite said blogs is Wolf Whistle

Whilst there isn't much Amy wears I don't like, I do have 2 favourite looks/Posts

1. Peter Pan Collars



2. Vintage Long Sleeved short Tunic Dresses


As I write this my daughter is at home poorly and tucked up on the sofa watching TV. She has told me I cant leave the room as 'she needs me to be close'  so I am using this as an excuse to ignore the housework and browse the net (rather than watching popa big sockings aka Pippy longstockings)

My first stop was the online shop for a 'real' shop in Norwich that I make the effort to walk past at least weekly on my lunch break just to look at the pretties even though I have never stepped inside the door.

That shop is...

Poppy Valentine.



I really want to go in but a) I'm skint and b) being of a larger size I always worry I am going to fall in love with something that about 20 sizes too small and that's a feeling I don't like.

So I settled down on my puter with a mug of tea and it didn't take long to stumble upon (and fall in love) with this dress...



Curious Lily Twiggy dress 010

It ticks all the boxes - A Vintage Long Sleeved short Tunic Dresses with a Peter Pan Collar, In Leopard print !!!!!

You can view this dress any all the other lovelies for sale here

I highly suggest everyone takes 5 minutes to check out the shop as there is something for everyone


Whats your favourite Poppy Valentine piece?

Which blogs do you follow that inspire you? 

Feel free to leave as many blog URLs (including your own) in the comments as you want - I enjoy my hour or so every evening catching up on the days blog posts.

Please also remember i have a giveaway running that at the moment has so few entrants you stand a very good job of winning - check it out here


3 comments :

  1. Please please please come in and say hello!!! I also make to order and can make any size! Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so flattered to be included here. Thank you so much, my dear! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both for popping over !!

    Claire - I know my mum in law would love your bags so i will be sure to pop in next time im in the city shopping with her.

    Amy - Your very welcome

    ReplyDelete