Tuesday, 20 April 2010

I think I have found it....

Still on my hunt for the perfect yellow I recently purchased the Mirror Mirror collection from Rock A Betty Beauty on etsy.



A Limited and Special Edition Lid Luster Eyeshdow Collection containing hott, bright and vibrant shadows based on Lewis Carroll's yummy stories of magic, mayhem and childhood...aka Alice and her adventures in wonderland...






I will state for those who don’t know, I am a cheapskate, so rather than paying $38 for 6 full size products when I actually only want to try one, I contacted the seller who immediately said she would sort me out a sample pack. It’s little customer service things like that, that impress me.

The products arrived within 2 weeks, I know once posted its out of the vendors hands but it does annoy me when some international orders take 10 weeks(and counting) so prompt delivery is another plus point in my book. The sample baggies were generous and well packaged.

Onto the colours….




I will start by saying I LOVE THE YELLOW 'Tik Tok'. The pigmentation is fabulous, the texture of the eyeshadow is gorgeous and it lasts really well.

Cheshire (A sexy, smokey plum loaded with fuschia glitter) and Drink me (A shimmering, soft white loaded with royal blue glitter) both contain glitter and as you can probably tell from the swatches when I put these colours on the glitter fell straight onto the floor. I hadn’t used a primer though, or any kind of face glue so I didn’t go out of my way to try and get the glittery particles to stick so they may stay sparkly if you make the effort. I do think the base colours are really pretty without the sparkle though.

'Pool of Tears' - A deep, lush aqua is the most beautiful blue I have ever seen, I don’t tend to wear blues on my eyes but I think this summer it may be a colour I wear regularly.

Overall, I am very impressed with this collection and the customer service.

1 comment :

  1. Tik Tok has to be my favourite of the swatches
    My next favourites would be Cheshire and then Pools of Tears.

    They are so pretty.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete