Tuesday, 19 January 2010

I'm on my way to being well and truly shredded

I don’t know whether to love her or hate her but I can say that Jillian Michaels is an amazing trainer.





Yesterday evening I finally opened my 30 day shred DVD, one of the many purchased in my post Christmas (feeling guilty for eating too much) splurges and I am quite embarrassed to admit I was scared – I know i need pushing but Jillian’s reputation for being tough and working you hard precedes her.

However, I am impressed and not just with myself for doing it, but with the DVD and with her attitude/methods or whatever it is that makes her her.

Doing the DVD I felt like she was talking to me, she said the right things in the right places and though I didn’t make it easy to get through 20 minutes (yes, not a long time but you work non stop which is not easy) it made me at least want to try to.

I can’t vouch for the results, obviously as I have only done workout 1 twice so far but I can vouch for the workout. You are pushed (Hard!!!!) but it’s worth it. You feel like you have worked out and if your like me, just knowing you have done some exercise is a bonus so working out at this level is like getting an extra gold star. The 3-2-1 system means your working as many muscles as possible in minimal time, any longer than 20 minutes and I would have fainted. And having 2 different options for some of the exercises was a bonus. You also have to use hand weights for some of the exercises, and as your not told which weight you should be using I am going to increase and decrease the weights (never below 1.5kg) as a way to up the anti when I feel ready

I will be trying to find time to do it at least 4 times a week (1 night is weight watchers, I have a trainer on a Friday and surely I am allowed one day off!!!) and will share my experience of the full programme later. In the mean time I am off to buy one of her books (the metabolism one) and try and find some more reviews of her WII game as all the ones I have read so far have been quite negative, and as much as I like buying exercise DVD’s/games and want to try this one I really have to be able to justify myself that its worth the £££.

No comments :

Post a Comment