Sunday, 6 December 2009

Why do you diet ??

If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered as a fabulous model. Kate Moss? Well, she would have been the paintbrush.

~Dawn French~

This quote struck a chord with me because dieting seems to be soooooo much about changing the way you look that the health benefits seem to get lost.

I am as guilty of this as the next person, my Cheryl Cole abs post was all about the way she looked when it really should have been about how doing those exercises will decrease the fat stored around your waist and stomach which has HUGE health benefits.


Changing the way you look will only change the way other people view you and I am sure you all know really that the people you care about love you as you are but they do want you to be healthy and happy.



I am now trying to focus on making my goals health orientated - Run a mile rather than fit into a size 6 (or 16) type thing-  as I am never going to look like Kate Moss and I can look OK when I try.

What are you health orientated goals???




The quote also reminded me of this picture, that I would never ever have had taken had I not been slightly comfortable in my skin - and I will never suceed trying to change something I am comfortable with.



I am not comfortable with getting out of breath climibing the stairs at work so thats what I am trying to change.

2 comments :

  1. Wow that picture is stunning! Classic beauty is called that for a reason!

    ReplyDelete