Thursday, 31 December 2009

Can you learn to be fashionable??

Up until this year ‘fashion’ as kind of passed me by as I have always found an excuse for looking like a bag lady.

2010 is going to be VERY different so my question to you is this – Can you learn to be fashionable???

I know very little about fashion and style. I couldn’t tell you what clothes shape would suit me and what colours to avoid.

“The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.”

Hubert de Givenchy

I can tell you what I like (once I have seen it) and who this is (I am not sure I could identify one of their designs) but im not sure that helps a lot.
 



 

Where do I start?
Is fashion and style something you can actually learn or you just know?
Does style come before fashion or fashion before style???

“Style is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma. Fashion is something that comes after style.” ~John Fairchild

Is it like art in the sense I appreciate and understand a painting but I can’t paint to save my life?
If I study Vogue like I would a textbook will I suddenly get it?
Where do I look to find designers and once I have found one I like do you have to be faithful??

Any help would be very very appreciated (as much as I love reading magazines they are quite expensive and Vogue and Elle are the extent of my local shops range, and some human(ish) interaction can only be a good thing)



No comments :

Post a Comment